NU-X Verdugo Series Tape Echo Effects Pedal Tribute to Space Echo
NU-X Tape Echo is a tribute to the Japanese-made Space Echo from 1974. Analogue tape echo devices record incoming audio to a loop of magnetic tape, then replays the continuous loop over the playback head before it is erased again by new incoming audio.
The Space Echo units used the standard 1/4" tape designed to spool onto tape-reels, however, this device used no reels of any kind; the tape is transported via a capstan drive. The tape loop is contained in a loose, constantly moving jumble in the tape chamber (also known as the tape tank) under a plastic panel which protects the tape and keeps it from getting tangled. The design resulted in lower levels of noise, wow, and flutter, and cut down on tape wear.
- Up to 1600ms stereo delay time by Tap Tempo
- 7 Repro-Tape Heads combinations and Reverb only
- Core-Image technology brings natural Tape Echo with parallel spring reverb sound back
- Realistic infinite pitch-shift feedback with TIME & REPEAT knobs tweaking
- Sub-division time signature with Tap Tempo foot switch
- 40 seconds stereo phrase loop with OLED status display
- Optional delay time display (MS / BPM)
- MIDI In/Out
- Holding ON footswitch for self-feedback
NU-X Tape Echo uses Core-Image technology to capture these characteristics including BASS, TREBLE, REPEAT RATE (TIME), INTENSITY (REPEAT), ECHO VOLUME (LEVEL), REVERB VOLUME (REVERB), and physical features like WOW, FLUTTER, SATURATION. Even self-regenerate, self-oscillation using a dual foot switch stomp-box enclosure!
|Series||NU-X Verdugo Series|
|Power||9V DC(Negative tip, Optional ACD-006A adapter)|
|Frequency Response||20Hz~20kHz - ±1dB|
|Maximum Output Level||1.5Vrms|
|Current Draw||approximately 100mA?<150mA|
|Dimensions||105mm(L) x 115mm(W) x 58(H)mm|
|Thd+n Ratio||0.0038% @ input 1Vrms_1kHz , 0.01% @ input 1.5Vrms_1kHz|
|Maximum Input Level||1.5Vrms|