Martin D28 Elvis Presley Commemorative Special Edition Acoustic Guitar #55
We’ve discovered several very special Martins tucked away in our “Heirloom” vault.
This guitar is brand new. Never been on display! Truly NOS (New Old Stock). Still with it’s original swing tag on.
Dating back to 2008 and released in tribute to Elvis Presley on the 30th anniversary of his passing – also, coincidentally, the 175th anniversary of the Martin Guitar Company – We are so excited to offer this exceptional commemorative edition guitar fit for the King and his legion of fans.
Sporting exclusive appointments throughout, the D-28 Elvis Presley Commemorative Edition captures Elvis’ unique charisma.
The Elvis motif of these Dreadnoughts begins on the polished black ebony headstock just above the nut, where the silhouette of the King and his Martin – modeled after a famous 1956 photograph – are inlaid in mother of pearl and black pearl. Small pearl bordered abalone star position marker inlays at the 5th, 7th (two), 9th, 15th, and 17th frets on the fingerboard flank Elvis’ signature at the 12th fret. The black Micarta heel cap features his “TCB Lightning Bolt” logo – a design that originated with the “Taking Care of Business” pendants Elvis gave to friends – inlaid in mother of pearl.
Classic 1950s-inspired Martin appointments common to these beautiful guitars include a 1 11/16” neck with diamond volute carved from genuine mahogany and satin finished, Grover deluxe nickel Kluson™ tuners with small oval metal buttons, the old style Martin decal logo on the headstock, black ebony fingerboard and belly bridge, genuine bone nut and saddle, and a flawless polished gloss lacquer finish with vintage-appropriate light amber aging toner on the top. In keeping with their black and white palette, these Limited Editions come with white bridge and end pins topped with black dots, and a polished and beveled black pickguard.
The unique tooled leather guitar cover originally created by Charles Underwood made Elvis’ D-28 instantly recognizable. Therefore, this D-28 Elvis Presley Commemorative Special Edition is outfitted with a tooled leather guitar cover based upon Charles’ design and is delivered in a special oversized vintage Geib style hardshell case to accommodate the guitar and cover.
Each D-28 Elvis Presley Commemorative Edition guitar bears two interior labels specially designed for these models. The primary label for the D-28 Elvis Presley is numbered in sequence(#55) without total: and they also include a holographic, official “Elvis Presley Signature” sticker of authenticity.
Includes Martin Hard Case
Martin's Elvis guitar features a back and sides of East Indian rosewood and a top of Carpathian spruce. The combination of these fine tonewoods and 5/16" scalloped top bracing produce a responsive guitar with impressive volume, punch and sustain. The style 28 purfling around the top and back. The body is bound in grained ivoroid.
The Elvis motif of the dreadnought includes a silhouette of the King and his Martin modeled after a famous 1956 photograph inlaid in the polished black ebony headplate utilizing mother-of-pearl and black pearl. Small pearl-bordered abalone star position markers and Elvis' signature are inlaid into the black ebony fingerboard. The black Micarta heelcap features his "TCB Lightning Bolt" logo ” a design that originated with the "Taking Care Of Business" pendants Elvis gave to friends ” inlaid in mother-of-pearl.
Classic 1950s-inspired Martin appointments include a 1-11/16" neck with diamond volute carved from genuine mahogany and satin finished, Grover deluxe nickel Kluson tuners with small oval metal buttons, the old style Martin decal logo on the headstock, black ebony fingerboard and belly bridge, genuine bone nut and saddle and a flawless polished gloss lacquer finish with vintage-appropriate light amber aging toner on the top.
- Model: D-28 Elvis Presley
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Carpathian Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Solid Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 28
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony /Elvis Presley Graphic Silhouette ” White & Black Mother-Of-Pearl /Large Old Style
- Heelcap: Black Micarta With TCB Lightning Bolt Inlay In Mother Of Pearl
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Stars ” Select Abalone (Bordered In mother-of-pearl) at the 5th, 7th, 9th, 15th & 17th Frets
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss With Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin With Polished Headplate
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Vintage Belly With Drop-In Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Bone ” Drop-In Long Saddle
- Tuning Machines: Grover Deluxe Nickel (Kluson Style)
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Medium Phosphor Bronze (Msp4200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White With Black Dots
- Pickguard: Black ” Beveled & Polished
- Case: 545EXL Geib Style