BOSS GT1000 GUITAR EFFECTS PROCESSOR
INDUSTRY-LEADING TONE WITH BREAKTHROUGH BOSS TECHNOLOGY
Delivering unmatched sound quality and musical expression, the GT-1000 ushers in a new era of performance in amp/effects processors for guitar and bass. This premium tone machine debuts our groundbreaking AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology, realized with decades of BOSS research and class-leading 32-bit/96 kHz processing. There’s also a huge range of BOSS effects, complete with ultra-flexible routing options and deep real-time control. And with built-in Bluetooth®, you can tweak settings wirelessly from your mobile device via a dedicated app. Packing immense power in a streamlined pro design, the GT-1000 is a game changer that brings new levels of creative expression to players everywhere.
- Flagship amp/effects processor with uncompromising sound quality and unmatched expressiveness
- Industry-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout
- Next-generation BOSS DSP engine, custom designed specifically for music applications
- AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology realizes BOSS’s acclaimed Tube Logic concept in a digital guitar processor, delivering natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices
- Highly expressive amplifiers, meticulously crafted with AIRD
- Massive selection of onboard BOSS effects, including MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the 500 series
- Amps and effects can be routed in numerous series and parallel combinations
- Ultra-fast patch switching and delay carryover
- Innovative Stompbox feature greatly simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches
- Easy operation with large display and six user-assignable switching knobs
- Ten footswitches and integrated expression pedal with user-configurable assignments and LED colors
- High-resolution tuner with two display modes and mono or polyphonic operation
- ¼-inch main outputs and XLR sub outputs with independent AIRD Output Select settings; loop for external stereo or mono effects
- Support for external control via footswitches, expression pedals, MIDI, and USB
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless editing via BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Download and share Livesets at BOSS Tone Exchange
- USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing
- 16 locations for loading WAV-format speaker impulse responses
- Dedicated mode for bass guitar applications
Latest GT-1000 Update: Version 3.2 (January 2022)
The GT-1000 continues to evolve through ongoing firmware development that adds new features and functionality enhancements requested by users.
- Mastering FX—Eleven different Mastering FX allow you to shape the overall sound at the line output for different styles and playing situations.
- New Master Delay Types—Five delay algorithms from the historic BOSS/Roland library have been added: SDE-3000, DD-20 Standard and DD-20 Analog, and Warm and Glitch from the DD-8.
- More Onboard Speaker IRs for Recording—The speaker IR selection in Recording mode has been greatly expanded with the ability to use “Original” speaker types from different amplifiers.
- More Mic Types—A new RBN121 mic type and three mic blend types have been added to the Speaker Simulator block.
- EV-1-WL Support—Use the EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal for cable-free effects control via Bluetooth.
Designed for Unparalleled Sound Quality
The GT-1000 brings you no-compromise audio performance backed by the latest BOSS technologies. It’s the first-ever guitar multi-effects unit with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout, while the custom DSP engine packs over three times the power of previous generations. This immense processing muscle unlocks far greater sonic detail than ever before possible, making it easy to get the sounds you’re after without endless parameter tweaks and microscopic EQ adjustments.
AIRD: A Revolution in Digital Amp Processing
At its core, the GT-1000 harnesses BOSS’s breakthrough AIRD technology for previously unattained musical power. Based on the comprehensive Tube Logic concept behind the renowned Katana, Waza, Nextone, and Blues Cube amplifiers, AIRD takes the amp processor to a new level of performance, flexibility, and practical usability.
The tube amplifiers that guitarists love are interactive, highly expressive musical instruments that are far more than the sum of their individual components. The Tube Logic design philosophy fully realizes this interactive experience, and it’s been hugely successful in the self-contained guitar amps where it’s been employed. However, bringing this approach to a guitar processor like the GT-1000 introduces many challenges, because players will use it with a variety of external amplification systems that add their own characteristics to the sound. BOSS developed AIRD to address these challenges, employing sophisticated techniques to ensure that the GT-1000’s groundbreaking musical response can be consistently experienced with any rig.
Highly Musical Guitar Amplifiers, Crafted with AIRD
The GT-1000 is loaded with immensely expressive guitar amplifiers, all meticulously crafted with AIRD. In contrast to traditional modeling methods, AIRD reproduces the complex internal component interactions of tube amps in every way, from guitar input to speaker output and everything in-between. The result is a complete interactive system that’s a living, breathing instrument, just like your favorite high-end tube amp.
A key focus of AIRD is the reactive amp/speaker relationship, which is essential to the dynamic feel and musical responsiveness of tube amplifiers. This vital relationship is fully brought to life with the GT-1000’s amps, producing guitar tones that are alive with punch, presence, and depth. Thanks to AIRD, your sound always feels great under your fingers and “sits in the mix” properly, delivering a truly organic musical experience that’s never been available from a digital guitar processor until now.
The GT-1000 features a wide range of BOSS original amplifiers suitable for all guitar styles, from super-clean to ultra-heavy. A number of amp types employ Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) technology for dynamic, nuanced tone that reaches beyond the capabilities of analog designs. Classic tube amps throughout history are included as well, from coveted vintage combos to modern high-gain heads. Two amps can be used at once in a single patch, so you’re able to switch between two sounds, blend amps for complex tones, or achieve big, expansive sound in stereo setups.
Optimized Performance for Every Playing Application
AIRD enables the GT-1000 to flow smoothly into any setup with minimal adjustments. By choosing from the large selection of onboard AIRD Output Select types, you can perfectly tailor the GT-1000 for any destination, whether it’s a guitar amp input, an amp effects return, an FRFR monitoring system, or house PA. In addition to the onboard options, there are two user locations for loading more types with the GT-1000 AIRD Output Select Library software.
AIRD is integrated into the GT-1000’s amplifiers at every level, so you’ll always experience their authentic sound and interactive response with any setup. Going further, you can apply different AIRD Output Select settings to the main and sub outputs to optimize the sound for two destinations at once. Independent ground-lift functions are also available to tackle hum issues when connecting external devices.
The GT-1000 comes loaded with all types of effects, from BOSS classics and retro stompboxes to modern MDP effects and advanced algorithms from the BOSS 500 series. Multiple series and parallel routings are easy to set up via the intuitive interface. And with the clever Stompbox feature, you can adjust commonly used amp and effects settings across multiple patches at once. There are also two effects loops for patching in your favorite external effects and preamps.
Bass Multi-Effects Flagship
The GT-1000 takes bass processing to new heights with next-generation sound quality and ultra-flexible performance features. Three AIRD bass preamps are provided for shaping your core tone, while eight different overdrive/distortion effects are available for additional color and gain. There’s an MDP bass compressor as well, plus chorus, flanger, touch wah, and many other effect types specially tuned for bass.
Intensive Performance Control
With its ten footswitches and expression pedal with toe switch, the GT-1000 provides comprehensive creative control wherever you play. And you can go even deeper with external switches, pedals, MIDI, and USB. The onboard controls come with default assignments for preset selection and per-patch control targets, but you can easily reassign them to operate nearly any function. Manual and Pedalboard modes are also available to instantly reconfigure the footswitches for additional control in the heat of the moment.
USB Audio/MIDI and Wireless Editing via Bluetooth
The GT-1000 comes equipped with Bluetooth—a first for a pro-level amp/effects processor—allowing you to wirelessly manage sounds from the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android. You can comfortably tweak the processor from your mobile device without having to bend over and edit with the hardware. It’s even possible to record a riff with the GT-1000’s looper and adjust tones from the audience position!
There’s also a multi-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for flexible computer recording and efficient re-amping. The dedicated Recording mode offers a variety of built-in speaker and mic types, and it’s possible to import WAV-format speaker impulse responses with the GT-1000 IR Loader software. In addition, USB provides a connection for detailed patch editing and sound organization with the desktop version of BOSS Tone Studio.