"This Maton ECW80C-Heritage will include a FREE Setup from our In Store Repairer Rohan Staples within 3 Months of Purchase (Strings Not Included). This is only available for customers local to the Brisbane Metro area. For those outside of Brisbane but wanting their NEW guitar professionally setup free of charge (before being dispatched) for delivery may have to wait an extra day or two until Rohan can perform his MAGIC"
To a guitar maker, some guitars from some eras, stand out as classics. This is certainly true of the Maton CW80 from the mid 70s to the mid 80s.
As time passes guitar player’s requirements change as do the availability of materials and so, like many long running models (the CW80 first appeared in 1967) the CW80 moved away from the 70s design to become the iconic instrument it is today. But there is still something special about those 70s CW80s so the experienced team at Maton decided to revisit the old guitars and see what we could learn from them.
- Model: The Heritage ECW80c
- Body Shape: Dreadnought W/Cutaway
- Soundboard: "AA" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Herringbone
- Back & Sides Material: Solid Sapele Mahogany
- Soundhole Diameter: 100mm
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Outer Binding: White
- Inner Binding: Triple Pin Stripe
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Headstock Veneer: Rosewood
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 7mm Pearl Dots
- Top Finish: Satin/Natural
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.