The patented Special Tone Ring found beneath the American made beauty of the Artisan Goodtime Special Openback makes it louder and brighter than the standard openback model and is great for players who like to jam and want to be heard. The rich brown stain, planetary tuners, and Deering peg head shape gives the classic look of a vintage banjo. Featuring Midnight Maple Fingerboard and Vintage Artisan inspired inlays!
This versatile banjo can also be played in the keys of A, B, or C by using the spikes which are already installed and a capo. If you enjoy playing standing up this is perfect as it weighs 6.5 lbs and you can stand up play it all night long!
Being an openback banjo, this is great for the Clawgrass style of playing because the tone ring gives it that brighter tone needed for Clawgrass music and other modern openback styles that need a banjo with sustain that projects freely. It is first and foremost a very playable instrument, that is built to be durable and travel easily, while being a superb sounding banjo that pleases audiences.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos epitomizes Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. Pearloid vintage artisan style inlays pop off the new Midnight Maple fingerboard, while the peg head is adorned with a beautifully engraved design.
Made at our factory in Spring Valley, California (outside of San Diego), this is a comfortably playable banjo with a wonderfully bright tone. It is a solid dependable instrument that is immensely playable with excellent tonality and clarity.
Left-hand model also available. (GOODTIME-AOL)
Goodtime Artisan Openback Banjos
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Special Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Peghead shape
- 11″ 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- Patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Renaissance High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
Has a clear and bright sound of maple.
Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
Comes strung with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings
G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 3/4″
- Weight Approx. 6.5 lbs